Table bar made from pallets is a functional yet fabulous addition for your home. It would serve different purposes, such as carrying kitchenware, books, personal belongings and figurines. And that’s aside from its traditional use of carrying wine bottles and glasses among other bar stuff. Also, you don’t have to spend a fortune for it, since you can create one through practical DIY tips.
That’s why you should consider using pallets for your table bar. Pallets are durable materials because they are intended to carry extremely heavy loads for transport. They are easy to shape and repurpose into various household items and furnitures too. Also, pallets are easy to find cheap materials which makes them perfect for a DIY bar project.
How to Create your Own Table Bar made from Pallets at home
Here’s how to build a bar using pallets and other affordable materials right in your home:
What you need
- 2 pallets with similar size
- Concrete pavers
- Wood Screws
- Concrete adhesive
- Primer and paint
How to create a table bar using pallets
Here are easy directions in making a bar made from pallets and pavers today:
- Sand two pieces of similarly sized pallets. The size of the materials would be the rough size of the pallet bar you would make. Be sure to remove all rough edges, and wipe the pallets to remove small bits and particles of the material.
- Paint the pallets with exterior paint. Apply two coats of paint to make your table bar made from pallets weatherproof. This would make your table bar last longer, especially if you plan to use it outdoors. Also, use cotton buds in painting the wholes of your pallets.
- After drying the pallets, line them and attach them together using wood screws. Be sure to create durable connections through the inner boards so the pallets won’t break apart wile on use.
- Get the concrete pavers and attach them atop the pallets using concrete adhesives. That would form the pallet wood bars countertop. You can add tiles and caster wheels as well.
Practical Use of a Pallet Table Bar
You see? It’s easy to create table bars using pallets at home! And here are few practical uses of pallet wood bars for your household:
- Kitchen table bar – you can use it to carry kitchenware, condiments and ingredients among other items.
- Patio table bar – an outdoor bar made from pallets is perfect for your patio. You can use it to carry potted plants and herbs among other items.
- Coffee table bar – consider putting your coffee beans, coffee machine and some cups on your pallet bar as well.
- Book nook – secure your pallet bar at the living room and let it carry your books, magazines and newspapers among other reading materials.
- Wine table bar – of course, consider the traditional use of table bars as well. Let it carry your wine bottles, wine glasses and chaser among other items. It’s also one of the best outdoor bar ideas since you can place it on your patio. Enjoy outdoor drinks with your buddies conveniently.
A bar made from pallets would serve fantastic purposes in your home. Discover more variations of it which you can make right at home.
You can also use wooden pallets as frame of your indoor koi pond